I started my career as a high school physics teacher. Then I entered the field of museum education at the National Air and Space Museum (part of the Smithsonian Institution) where I wrote science education materials and ran teacher workshops. When my children were born, I left the workforce and when they were little, our family got involved with a school start up. My children grew and with them, the school; I volunteered on a weekly basis, running science experiments for my son's class and joined the faculty as the middle school science teacher when the seventh grade was added. Now I write full-time, working to publish the curriculum I developed while I was teaching. Each online course is a unit of study from a hands-on, laboratory-experience perspective. Each activity has a video and written instructions so you'll be thoroughly prepared to teach them.
- Videos demonstrating each of the lab investigations.
- Accompanying written instructions for each lab.
- A forum for asking questions and sharing with other teachers.
- Guidance for writing formal lab reports.
- Scaffolded writing prompts.